As we announced last week – “Every Monday, the Pulaski County Health Center announces the number of new positive cases in the County for the week. Beginning the week of August 24, 2020, if that number of new cases is greater than 50 (as it has been for the past 2 weeks), the Pulaski County Library District will revert to Curbside only service, with 30-minute computer use sessions available by appointment, until the weekly number of new positive cases drops below 50.”
Today, the Health Center announced 69 new cases for the past week. Beginning tomorrow, August 25, 2020, the Crocker, Richland, and Waynesville Libraries will all revert to Curbside Service only. 30-minute computer appointments will also be available, please call your branch to schedule.
Books can be requested for curbside pickup in the Missouri Evergreen app, your online account, or by calling your library branch.
If you have any questions or concerns about this service change, please contact our Director at email@example.com or 573-774-5026.
Thank you for your understanding as we work diligently to protect the health and safety of our library employees and patrons.
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep library staff and patrons safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Pulaski County Library District has enacted the following guidelines.
1. Library Service Changes – Every Monday, the Pulaski County Health Center announces the number of new positive cases in the County for the week. Beginning the week of August 24, 2020, if that number of new cases is greater than 50 (as it has been for the past 2 weeks), the Pulaski County Library District will revert to Curbside only service, with 30-minute computer use sessions available by appointment, until the weekly number of new positive cases drops below 50. Any service changes will begin the Tuesday after the Health Center’s Monday announcements. If the Health Center’s announcement is made on a day other than Monday, any changes to library services will begin on the following day.
2. Requirements for After-School Library Visits – We are hopeful for a safe and healthy year for all of our students, teachers, and school staff! In normal times, the libraries offer programs for children who come spend time at the library after school. We are not able to do so at the beginning of this school year. For now, children will be asked to follow our 30-minute time limit that all patrons are being asked to follow right now, as well as any occupancy limits currently in effect at the libraries (Crocker Library – 5 patrons; Richland Library – 5 patrons; Waynesville Library – 10 patrons). Gaming on the public computers is currently not allowed.
The library will continue to reevaluate the situation and phase in more services as cases decline in our area. Our goal is to balance providing the most services possible in the safest ways possible, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility as the situation progresses.
Please contact our Library Director, Emily Slama, at 573-774-5026 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Items will still show “checked out” on your library account, and your account will still show fines accruing (if applicable). After the quarantine period, items will be checked in and backdated to the date you actually returned them, which will cancel out any fines that may have accrued in that interim.
We love when our patrons use their online accounts, and we know that this added quarantine precaution has been confusing. We’re working hard to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff, and we appreciate your patience and understanding! As more information becomes available, this quarantine time and other safety practices will adapt.
Pulaski County Library District is excited to announce a new opportunity, Read Away Fines! If you have overdue fines, this is a fun way to pay them off by reading.
– Read 20 minutes at any Pulaski County Library District branch to waive $1 in overdue fines.
– Reading has to be done in the library.
– Reading time may only apply to one library card.
– Read Away Fines is open to all ages!
The Great American Read is a PBS show and project with the goal of finding the most popular novel in America. It’s an ambitious undertaking, to be sure! The show premiered in May, and the rest of the season will air on Ozarks Public Television beginning in September.
The Pulaski County Library District is so excited to partner with Ozarks Public Television in several fun ways! How can you participate?
First, voting is open (click on the “VOTE” Scrabble picture below) to contribute to the Great Pulaski Read and the Great Ozarks Read. Results will be compiled by OPT to determine the most popular novel from the list in each participating county.
Second, join us at the Waynesville Library on August 17th for a Great American Read Trivia Contest. A faculty member from Missouri State University will moderate the event, which is comprised of 100 questions about the books on the Great American Read list. Compete individually at our local event, and the winners will be invited to compete as a team in a regional Trivia competition at MSU against other library teams.
Finally, see the Movie Nights schedule below. Our libraries will host film showings of many movies based on the books from the Great American Read list. Join us at any or all showings!
Visit your local branch to find or request books from the list. We also have a large selection of downloadable audiobooks and e-books that you can check out! Find them at: Missouri Libraries 2 Go, EBSCO Ebooks, and RB Digital.
Jane Eyre (2011) – August 2nd at 4:00 p.m.
Tom Sawyer – August 7th at 4:45 p.m.
The Lovely Bones – August 9th at 4:00 p.m.
Charlotte’s Web (2006) – August 14th at 4:45 p.m.
Ready Player One – August 16th at 4:00 p.m.
Alice in Wonderland (cartoon) – August 21st at 4:45 p.m.
Bless Me, Ultima – August 23rd at 4:00 p.m.
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – August 28th at 4:45 p.m.
To Kill a Mockingbird – August 30th at 4:00 p.m.
The Great Gatsby (2013) – August 7th at 5:00 p.m.
Charlotte’s Web (cartoon) – August 9th at 10:30 a.m.
The Shack – August 14th at 5:00 p.m.
Ready Player One – August 21st at 3:30 p.m.
Jurassic Park – September 7th at 1:30 p.m.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – August 21st at 4:00 p.m.